Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Snack Taxi Review

Tuesday, September 18, 2012
The Snack Taxi is a reusable bag for snacks and sandwiches.  They come in lots and lots of different styles and designs.  The Snack Taxi company has snack sacks, produce sacks, sandwich sacks, and reusable napkins.  They are the original reusable bags for snacks and sandwiches since 2003!

I was lucky enough to be able to review a really cute pumpkin snack sack.  The snack sack, as with all of the Snack Taxi products, are free of lead, phthalates and BPA.  They are machine washable and made in the good ol' USA! 



Here are a couple of surprising facts: 

The US alone adds 20 million plastic baggies to landfills every single day!  (That is an enormous amount!) 

Each reusable bag that you or I use keeps as many as 1000 plastic bags out of the waste stream!

I have been the one to primarily use the snack sack.  Most of the week, I am on the go here and there.  In order to save money while I am out, I try to bring something to snack on in order to tide me over until I am home to have a meal.  Last week, I was using my snack sack for wasabi peas.  I like the fact that the snack sack had a Velcro tab to keep my peas from slipping out. 

A couple of days later, I wanted to use my snack sack for a couple of cookies, but, I thought I should wash out the Wasabi flavor.  I simply turned the snack sack inside out and washed it out.  It was that easy.  No residual wasabi flavor. 

Snack sacks are quite affordable also, at $7.95 each, it will pay for itself again and again without purchasing those bad plastic bags. 

Snack Taxi has been gracious in offering a snack sack of choice for one lucky winner of my Halloween Hop giveaway.  Stay tuned and make sure you check back and visit on October 8 to enter the giveaway! 


 

1 comments:

Mel

Wow! The Snack Taxi looks like something I could REALLY use around my house. I love how these contribute to reducing my carbon footprint and that they're made in the USA!!