Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, February 19, 2013
We received a phone call early Monday morning, from my sister in law, where my MIL was staying.  Mom's condition worsened and was unable to stand or walk anymore.  We drove from Jacksonville to Ocala on Monday and made the decision, with Mom, to cease her treatments for leukemia and ask Hospice services to step in and help. 

Mom was then transferred via medical transport to our home and we did a quick rearranging of rooms to accommodate her, so she would be comfortable.  Today, we met with Hospice, they are wonderful!  They got the supplies and equipment we needed to help with mom's care and everything was delivered quickly.  I am amazed with their services already and we are only on day 1.  We have made a couple of trips to the grocery store (no coupons  :)) to pick up anything she said that she wanted to eat or drink, since she has lost so much weight, and doesn't want to eat or drink. 

All in all everything is ok.  I am just really busy, and am so thankful that my husband is home with me this week to help us get into a routine.  I believe that my FIL will be arriving from Michigan soon too, so, we will have a full household.  Slowly, I will post deals and savings.  I have 3 or 4 giveaways to set up for you all too.  In the mean time, if you have any deals you want to share, feel free.  Thank you all for being patient again. 

1 comments:

Mamaw's Place

Prayers for you and your family. We have had to use hospice for a couple of family members in the past and they truly have the hearts of angels. May God be with you through the days ahead.